Whey protein is one of the most popular dietary supplements for athletes and bodybuilders. Why? Because whey protein is considered as the richest source of biologically active protein, and proteins are important in maximizing muscle growth.
Whey is a byproduct of the production of cheese. When the milk curdles, and later on, coagulates, the hard portion (casein) and the liquid part, which is whey, are separated.
The liquid turns into a transparent, yellowish-green liquid and is slightly tart in flavor. When the liquid whey dries, it turns into powder, where the nutrients are concentrated.
But whey protein isn’t just for jocks and fitness buffs; it’s a highly-nutritious food that everyone can enjoy. Whey proteins are complex and can provide you with distinct health benefits.
In fact, whey protein is one of the world’s first health foods, as Hippocrates, the Greek recognized as the father of medicine, recommended whey to his patients as early as 420 B.C.
Here are the top reasons why you should include whey protein in your diet:
- Provides more energy by helping you digest and use protein more efficiently – The measure of the efficiency that proteins can be absorbed and utilized by your body is called the Biological Value (BV); the higher the BV, the greater the efficiency. Concentrated whey protein supplements have a BV of around 104 while whey protein in isolated form can reach 170, compared to beef protein (75), milk protein (85) and egg protein (100).
- Contains all the essential amino acids – including glutathione and its precursor, cysteine. Dr. Mercola explains that glutathione is your body’s chief antioxidant and detoxifier. It helps support your immune system, decrease signs of aging, cleanse your liver and support athletic performance. In general, amino acids are important in developing and sustaining new muscle mass.
- Contains immunoglobins, substances that help boost your immune system
- Helps enhance insulin secretion and helps insulin work more efficiently to maintain your blood sugar level after eating.
- Helps promote optimal intake of carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals for your overall wellness.
- May promote weight loss by providing satiety or fullness signals to help you regulate food intake, both short term and long term.
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure levels
A little known fact about whey is that 60 to 80 percent of the protein in breast milk is whey protein, meaning you start experiencing its health benefits as a baby.
A whey protein supplement is an excellent addition to a well-balanced diet – whether you’re a serious athlete or bodybuilder or just want to get fit and healthy.
Whey Protein Powder with Aminogen is an instant, convenient and quality source of protein that gives you that much-needed energy boost to start the day right, sustain you anytime during the day, or help revitalize your muscles after a dynamic workout. It contains an extraordinary, plant-derived enzyme called Aminogen, which helps you absorb amino acids and digest protein more efficiently, promote lean body mass, increase your strength and help your muscles recover after physical activity.
How does it taste? Whey Protein Powder with Aminogen comes in 3 of your favorite flavors – vanilla, chocolate and strawberry – to give you a delicious experience while enjoying the benefits of a “whey” better life.
Make Whey Protein Powder with Aminogen a part of your mornings, workouts or snacks and stay active longer!